Submission GuidelinesWe accept original theoretical or research articles, book reviews, interviews, poems and short fictions as electronic submissions via e-mail as attached documents (Microsoft word only). The documents must include name and affiliation details in the body of your submission. Submission must be in single attachment. Subject line must be Submission of Poem/ Fiction/ Article etc. Submission e-mail must include the statement claiming that you have read the submission guidelines, you agree to the policy of the journal and that the submission is original and does not contain plagiarized material.
Please maintain a gap of a minimum of three months between submissions. Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com. Please attach your latest front face photograph and brief bio along with your submission.
Format of the articles:Authors are requested to follow the MLA style strictly while preparing the articles. Authors are also requested to include the following in the format of their articles:
1. Full title with subtitle, if any. Times New Roman font, size 14, bold (not all capital letters)
2. Name and affiliation of the author/s
3. An abstract of the article of about 100-150 words.
4. Authors should note that the main body of the text should be prepared in such a way that no formatting is needed afterwards. Heading, sub-headings and illustrations should be well incorporated within the main body of the article. Times New Roman font, size 12 and justified
5. There is no word-limit for articles. But ideally those should be around 5000 words inclusive of Works Cited.
6. All portions of the articles should be single-line spaced.
7. Author should be careful regarding grammatical and typographical errors.
8. All essays submitted must be in English for review. Quotations in languages other than English must be accompanied by translations and font file.
Do not decorate your submission with lines, borders, special characters etc., which may lead to rejection.
Fiction and PoetryOur mission is to publish the finest fiction (up to 10,000 words), with special attention to character-driven stories that examine the depths and heights of emotions and motivation from a broad variety of cultural and social perspectives. We are also interested in more experimental narratives as well as well-written flash fiction (1,500 words or less). Surprise us with your writing. There are no restrictions on subjects and themes. For poetry, we aim to publish challenging and engaging works by both established and emerging poets.
Fiction: Submit one piece at one time.
Poetry: Submit up to three poems at one time.
Include a short third-person biographical note in your submission.
Only previously unpublished works are considered.
Copyright:Setu is entitled to publish submitted work in any form (online or in print). The editor-in-chief can also reproduce the submission in any form (book/ anthology) and authors will be reported about the publication in other form. We allow our authors flexible rights to republish and reproduce and distribute their published contents with third parties anywhere in any format on the following conditions:
1. The authors will inform the editor-in-chief about the intended republication or reproduction by third parties by sending a signed letter.
2. The authors will acknowledge credits to SETU as the first publisher and include the URL (the original link location) in their works.
Plagiarism PolicyBy submitting paper for publication to the journal, you as contributor/ author/ co-author state that:
You are fully aware that plagiarism is wrong and you know that plagiarism is the use of another person’s idea or published work and
pretend that it is one’s own.
You declare that each contribution to your work from other people published or unpublished sources have been acknowledged and the sources of information have been referenced.
You certify that you will not allow anyone to copy your work with the intention of passing it off as his/her own work.
You certify that you are solely responsible for any incomplete reference that may remain in your work.